Savings, formula optimization and quality—essential recipe ingredients
When you’re charged with saving money, you can’t afford to compromise on the product qualities that made your foods and beverages popular in the first place. Maybe it’s the tangy sweetness of tomato or the perfect shreds of cheese that people can’t get enough of. That’s exactly what you need to retain to stay profitable—but how can you deliver the experience for less?
That’s where we come in. When you work with Ingredion Idea Labs™ innovation centers, we can help you save money in your recipes while still delivering the tastes, textures, and appearances that make your products successful. In fact, our ingredients offer much more than reduced costs—they can add functionality as well.
Your recipes are the essence of your brand. We work closely with you to preserve their integrity while uncovering savings. Our proprietary DIAL-IN® technology guides us to the best solutions together.
Here are just a few of the ways we’re helping customers reduce recipe costs today:
- Reduce costly oil ingredients by up to 30% in your creamy dressings while maintaining the textural properties of their full-fat counterparts with PRECISA® Cling texturizing systems.
- Cut recipe cost of imitation cheese by replacing up to 35% of costly casein with PRECISA® 600 starch series, while preserving product sensory and functional qualities.
- Building back texture when replacing dairy fats and solids in creamy, smooth yogurts and other dairy and dairy-based products with optimized texture systems including PRECISA® Cream.
- Developing reduced-gelatin confectionery with less clumping during shelf life—at significant savings—with solutions from our Penford line.
- Egg reduction in savory application with N-CREAMER® 2000 modified food starch for dressings and sauces.
Achieving the balance of recipe perfection and healthy margins is made possible through our deep formulation knowhow and broad functional ingredients portfolio.
Discover our applications
Animal and Pet Nutrition
Batters and Breadings
Brewing and alcoholic beverages
Infant and clinical nutrition
Noodles and pasta