Reduce recipe costs and achieve formula optimization without compromising essential ingredients
When you’re charged with finding out how to reduce recipe costs, you can’t afford to compromise on the product qualities that made your foods and beverages popular in the first place. Maybe it’s the tangy sweetness of tomato or the perfect shreds of cheese that people can’t get enough of. That’s exactly what you need to stay profitable — but how can you deliver the experience while optimizing your recipe savings?
That’s where we come in. When you work with Ingredion Idea Labs® innovation centers, we can show you how to reduce recipe costs while still delivering the tastes, textures, and appearances that make your products successful. In fact, our ingredients offer much more than recipe savings — they can add functionality as well.
Save smarter to reduce recipe costs
Your recipes are the essence of your brand. We work closely with you to preserve their integrity while uncovering recipe savings.
Here are just a few of the ways we’re helping customers reduce recipe costs today:
- Reduce costly oil ingredients by up to 30% in your creamy dressings while maintaining the textural properties of their full-fat counterparts with PRECISA® Cling texturizing systems.
- Cut recipe costs of imitation cheese by replacing up to 35% of costly casein with PRECISA® 600 starch series, while preserving product sensory and functional qualities.
- Building back texture when replacing dairy fats and solids in creamy, smooth yogurts and other dairy and dairy-based products with formula optimization texture systems including PRECISA® Cream and N-Dulge Co-texturizers.
- Reduce egg products in savory applications with N-CREAMER® 2000 modified food starch for dressings and sauces and see your recipe savings rise.
- Improve yield in meat applications while maintaining the juiciness with Penbind® 1015 modified Potato Starch.
Achieving the balance of recipe perfection and healthy margins is made possible through our deep formula optimization knowhow, broad functional ingredients portfolio, and extensive recipe savings expertise.
Discover our applications
Animal and Pet Nutrition
Batters and Breadings
Brewing and alcoholic beverages
Infant and clinical nutrition
Noodles and pasta