Deliver sweet indulgence without all the calories and grams of sugar
More and more consumers are cutting back on sugar — 84% say they have reduced their sugar intakes over the past year.1 Now you can trim calories while maintaining the sweet taste and rich textures your consumers love with noncaloric ASTRAEA® Allulose.
Developed by the global rare sugars pioneer, Matsutani, ASTRAEA® Allulose tastes and functions similar to sugar while adding almost no calories, and now with FDA guidance, no grams of sugar. Replace sugar and cut both calories and grams of sugar values — without sacrificing performance or your products’ most tempting qualities.
This ingredient solution has a similar taste profile to sugar and is 70% as sweet, helping you maintain consumer-winning sweetness in low-sugar products.
HIGH IN PERFORMANCE, LOW IN CALORIES, EXEMPT FROM ADDED AND TOTAL SUGARS
ASTRAEA® Allulose offers similar performance to sugar while adding only 0.4 calories per gram to your formulations.
• Replace more sugar in your low-calorie and reduced sugar beverages with this highly soluble ingredient solution while bringing back bulk and enhancing mouthfeel
• Get comparable browning, dough properties and baked volumes as you would with sugar in your reduced-sugar baked goods
• Stop crystallization in reduced-sugar, high-solids fruit preps and get the freeze-point depression you need in low-sugar ice creams and frozen dairy desserts along with the indulgent mouthfeel that consumers prefer
• Formulate perfectly sweet candies, gummies and chocolate with less sugar
And, with typical usage levels (2% to 100% depending on the application), allulose is well-tolerated and has been shown to have no effect on blood glucose levels.2
A PIONEERING PARTNER
Ingredion is the exclusive supplier of ASTRAEA Allulose in the Americas. This ingredient was developed by Matsutani, the global rare sugars leader that has spent more than 15 years researching and refining the world’s first rare sugars, including allulose. Matsutani has done more research on rare sugars than any other supplier in the industry.
With GRAS status from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, breakthrough ASTRAEA Allulose can help you deliver the indulgent, guilt-free treats your consumers want. Combined with Ingredion’s comprehensive sugar reduction portfolio and applications and formulation expertise, you have the ingredient solutions and help you need to develop consumer-winning products.
1. Mintel, Sugar Reduction Trends, 2017
2. U.S. Food and Drug Administration, GRAS #498