Create the perfect cheese experience
Whether you’re looking for better shredding, melting or stretchability in your pizza cheese, improved flexibility of your cheese slice, caseinate reduction or enhanced creaminess in your cheese sauces we can help you.
Collaborate with Ingredion to:
- Speed the development of your ideas and concepts and get to market faster.
- Get access to our broad range of texturizing ingredients from different plant sources. With our starches' superior gelling and texturizing properties and our cheese expertise, you'll get a more authentic, more cost-efficient imitation cheese.
- Get access to pilot plant facilities for quick studies, trials and formula optimization.
- Validate your results with analytical and sensory evaluations.
- Achieve reduced levels of rennet casein and caseinates and get the same look, taste and mouth feel with our potato starch - at a much lower cost.
Get evenly shredded cheese for consistent performance. Our starches for shredded cheese are designed to produce shredded cheese that won't stick or clump. So your customers get uniformly shredded cheese that's easy to use and delicious. Choose the smarter starch for shredded cheese used in food service and salad bars.
- Casein reduction: PENBIND® 850 and PENTECH® 8500 modified potato starches
- Firmer rexture: PENBIND 800, 850, 851 and PENTECH 8500 modified potato starches
- Low fat structure: PENTECH 1852 modified potato starch
Get the perfect slice-on-slice or individual wrap slice. It's so good, even sandwich connoisseurs won't know that it’s an analog cheese. Our starches for sliced cheese are designed to produce that perfect slice - it's thin and firm, yet melts and stretches. Choose the smarter starch for slices used in food service, salad bars and deli counters.
- Casein Reduction: PENBIND® 1225 , 850 and PENTECH® 8500 – modified potato starches
- Elasticity improvement: PENBIND 1015 modified potato starch and PENBIND 1550 modified tapioca starch
- Firmness improvement: PENBIND 851 and PENCLING® 220 modified potato starches
- Low fat structure: PENTECH 1852 modified potato strach
- Melt improvement: PENBIND 850 and 851 , PENTECH 1852 and 8500 modified potato starches
block and imitation mozzarella
A new take on the old block- now it's easier to create imitation block cheese that looks and tastes real. Our starches for block cheese create a block cheese that's shreddable, sliceable and every bit as tasty as the real thing. Choose the smarter starch for block cheese used in food service, salad bars and deli counters.
- Casein reduction: PENTECH® 8500 modified potato starch, PRECISA® 600 and 601 modified food starches
- Yield Improvement: PENBIND® 196 modified potato starch
- Melt Improvement: PRECISA 601 and 602 modified food starch
HOW TEXTURE INFLUENCES CONSUMER PREFERENCE
Deliver the texture consumers want in processed and imitation cheese products.
Utilize the results of an Ingredion consumer sensory panel and our applications knowhow to create the perfect cheese experience. See how you can optimize the use of dairy proteins while delivering cost savings and maintaining the desired properties of good melt, stretch and shred in everything from pizza cheese to slices and spreads.
In the new case study and texture map, Ingredion texture experts formulated two prototypes of breaded fried cheese sticks with reduced casein using PRECISA® 600 series starch developed through our proprietary DIAL-IN® Texture Technology. The team tested these prototypes against nine commercial frozen cheese sticks with selected groups of children, as well as its trained sensory panel.
The results of the expert descriptive panel were plotted on a texture map to compare the key texture attributes of all products. Then, samples were submitted to a consumer panel to identify the liking of these prototypes. Through this type of comprehensive texture landscaping, Ingredion can highlight the more differentiated products on the market when it comes to texture, plus identify opportunities for new product launches or reformulation.
Contact us to get the full cheese study results and learn more about texture preference in cheese.
Satisfaction and savings
Innovate with cheese
Cheese consumption is on the rise in many parts of the world and in some countries it’s a big part of the daily diet. Yet rising ingredient prices and the complexities of cheese pose significant challenges. The texture experts of Ingredion are bringing innovative cheese solutions to life, so you can create delicious and authentic cheese products affordably and profitably.
Discover how you can achieve the shred, melt and stretch of regular cheese for a fraction of the cost when you replace protein with starch. Let us show you how to formulate truly delicious vegan cheese. We’ll also help you improve efficiencies and reduce product defects. Put our innovative texture solutions to work for your cheese success.