Support digestive health with proven-effective prebiotic fiber
Today’s consumers are more attuned to the importance of fiber for digestive health and now understand its role in sustaining gut health. You can now give consumers the enhanced fiber, reduced sugar and digestive support they want – along with just-right taste and superior performance with just one proven ingredient, NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fiber.
One of the most effective prebiotic fibers and the purest form of short-chain fructooligosaccharide (scFOS®) available on the market today, NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fiber helps increase the levels of good bacteria in the large intestine and is scientifically proven to support digestive health1. It can be easily incorporated into a wide range of applications such as bars, snacks, cold cereal, dairy, beverages and even confectionery. Produced from non-GMO sucrose (cane sugar), NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fiber is 30% as sweet as sugar – with fewer calories and a similar sweetness profile – allowing you to reduce sugar in your formulations.
 Hidaka K, Eida T, Takizawa T, Tokunaga T, Tashiro Y. Effects of fructooligosaccharides on intestinal flora and human health. Bifidobacteria Microflora 1986 5(1):37-50. Additional citations available upon request.
GO BEYOND BASIC NUTRITION
Consumers want to proactively maintain wellbeing and are aware that a healthy digestive system leads to sustained immunity and nutrient absorption for bone health and more. The unparalleled effectiveness of NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fiber is built on a foundation of more than 200 studies and 20 years of research. By including even very small quantities of NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fiber, you can add consumer-friendly label claims in a cost effective way including:
- Gentle prebiotic
- Promotes digestive function
- Supports immune health
- Enhances calcium absorption
- Good source of fiber
- Excellent source of fiber
ENJOY FIRST-RATE FUNCTIONALTY AND PROCESSABILTY
Fine-tuned to taste and perform consistently with superior purity, NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fiber has advantages that will make your products more successful than ever including:
- Clean, slightly sweet taste (30% that of sugar) that closely resembles sucrose in character
- Enhances flavor and rounds out the sweetness profile of high-intensity sweeteners
- Very low viscosity and high clarity in solution
- Highly soluble and dispersible, ideal for liquid or dry formulations
- Browning similar to sugar in baked goods
- High-temperature stability under conditions such as HTST, UHT, retort, shear, drying, extrusion and batch cooking
- Humectancy and shelf life extension
- Suitable for use in low calorie products — 1.5 kcal/g
- Enhances the mouthfeel and creaminess of low fat and fat free dairy products
- Provides fat-mimetic properties
Through a unique manufacturing process at Ingredion’s ISO 9002 certified facility, the consistent molecular composition of NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fiber is guaranteed from lot to lot. NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fiber contains a minimum of 95% (dry basis) short-chain fructooligosaccharides (scFOS®) consisting of GF2, GF3 and GF4 molecules. It’s produced from non-GMO sucrose using non-GMO raw materials and a natural bio-fermentation process. The result: the purest, most effective form of short-chain fructooligosaccharides available on the market.
Today’s consumers want nutritious foods and beverages that they can feel good about. You can help them find the nutritious products they seek with NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fiber. Gentle and well tolerated, it can be easily incorporated in many products to go beyond basic nutrition including:
- Dietary supplements
- Bars (nutritional, granola)
- Dairy (fluid milk, yogurt, ice cream, frozen yogurt)
- Dairy based beverages
- Functional beverages
- Non-dairy drinks (soy, almond, etc.)
- Cold cereals
- Child nutrition
The most effective prebiotic fiber for your application
NUTRAFLORA® scFOS prebiotic fiber can enhance the nutritional profile of your formulations and also provide opportunities for popular label claims such as digestive, immune and bone health.
Explore fiber without drawbacks
Work wonders with fiber